What is?Birth registration is the service offered to all residents of the Managua municipality. It is mandatory. The child must be registered before his / her 7th birthday; After that date and if you were not registered, you must carry out the application process for the registration of Renewal of Birth.
Where to go?At the Registration windows of the Civil Registry of Persons, located in the Civic Center Module "A", ground floor. In maternal and child hospitals: Fernando Vélez Paiz, Bertha Calderón, German Nicaraguan Hospital, Hospital Solidaridad, Hospital Salud Integral, Hospital La Mascota and Hospital Vivian Pellas (the latter only attends on Fridays). Hours of operation: Monday to Friday, from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm
- Original birth certificate issued by the Ministry of Health (Hospitals, Health Center, Provisional Medical Clinics) stamped and signed by the corresponding authorities.
- Photocopy of the identity card of the parents.
- Photocopy of the identity card of the person appearing (other than the parents). In the case that the parents are foreigners, they may identify themselves with a valid identity card, Passport or Residence Card.
- Photocopy of birth certificate (if the father is a minor) and must be accompanied by at least one of his parents (paternal grandparents).
- Photocopy of the marriage certificate (if the parents are married).
- If the father of the child to be registered, does not have a document to identify himself, he must be accompanied by 2 witnesses of legal age with the respective photocopies of identity card, which give reason for his identity.
ImportantRegistration and the first certification of birth is totally Free - (Art. 13 Childhood and Adolescence Code), however the cost of Certification after the first free certification: The rate established by the building authorities. (Current value: C$75).
In case the birth occurred outside of a unit of the Ministry of Health (MINSA):
Those interested must notify the nearest Health Center, so that the Birth Certificate can be issued and later register in the Service Centers indicated above.
In case the parents are not married to each other:
If both parents appear: the child will bear the paternal and maternal surname. (The order of the surnames is decided by the parents).
If the parents are not married and only the mother appears: the child will bear only the maternal surname and, at her request, his two surnames (prior authorization from the Registrar).
If only the father appears: the child will have both paternal and maternal surnames. (The order of the surnames is decided by the parents).
If a relative or any person over 18 years of age appears and the parents are not married, the child will bear only the maternal surname.
For the registration of twins, they will be registered in separate minutes, reasoning in observations Twin 1, Twin 2 (according to the time of birth of each one). This procedure applies in the case of triplets, etc.
The death of the newborn does not exempt from the obligation to register it in the Civil Registry, which must first register the birth and then the death in the respective books.