Hours: Mon to Fri from 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM, Sat from 8:00 AM to 12:00 PM

Capital commune delivers new “Tito Leiva” library in the Sierra Maestra neighborhood

The Municipality, in coordination with the Ministry of Education, inaugurated this Monday, February 6, the new municipal library "Tito Leiva" at the República de Cuba school, in the Sierra Maestra neighborhood, District III.

This opening of the library was dedicated to the memory of the poet Tito Leiva, friend of the Historical Heritage of the city of Managua, who stood out as a lecturer on topics about Sandino, the capital and Nicaraguan literature and was also inaugurated within the framework of the Dariana Day, which ended with the commemoration of the 107th anniversary of the passage to immortality of the Prince of Castilian Letters "Rubén Darío".

The ceremony was attended by municipal authorities, the Ministry of Education and relatives of Don Tito Leiva (RIP).

“We are paying tribute to our Prince of Spanish Letters and to a great human being like Tito Leiva, writer, journalist, presenter, historian, a man who loves letters, humble, hardworking, we had the pleasure of meeting Tito, since he He started in the media and was always a simple man, this library is a tribute to his legacy”, said Deputy Mayor Enrique Armas Rosales.

Tito Leiva, junior, thanked on behalf of his entire family the tribute to his father's memory.

"We feel very moved by this recognition of our father's work, we appreciate this gesture of promoting learning centers for the new generations, that was my dad's dream, that the kids had the opportunity to learn," said the honoree's son. .

The new library will be attended by two working librarians from the Managua Mayor's Office of Historical Heritage, the furniture, chairs, tables, shelves and 30 percent of the bibliography were provided by the Municipality and the other 70 percent by the MINED.

During the cultural event, the student community of the República de Cuba school was able to enjoy the artistic presentation of the Camilo Zapata municipal ensemble, who performed Rubendarian music and Nicaraguan national themes.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

What do you need?
YOUR TRIBUTES
SERVICES
GALLERY
QUESTIONS
DOCUMENTS
NEWS & NEWS