It is considered that it is not possible to expect real solutions until there is a transformation of education in all its levels and modalities, since there is no way that a change in the educational paradigm will occur. Based on this criterion, the objective of this work is to show the importance of the knowledge of Environmental Education of all citizens in terms of better care and protection of the environment
The environmental policy developed by the municipality of Managua is the starting point of the environmental management system that will have an impact not only on environmental regulation, but also on the Protection of our natural resources and the environment, which in turn constitutes social well-being. and tries to restore the right of Nicaraguans to live in a healthy and healthy environment with values that allow us to rebuild love for our land, the Protection of natural resources, as well as avoid the inappropriate use of natural heritage with special emphasis on the proper management of solid waste, reforestation and awareness in the most vulnerable areas of the municipality.
This will consist of a set of organized environmental education practices and activities: formal, non-formal and informal. Having as axes: the formation of ecological brigades, training, awareness and development of reforestation campaigns.
- Contribute to the transculturation processes that the population needs to promote knowledge of care and preservation of the environment
- To sensitize the different actors of society, through visual campaigns and the active participation of the ecological brigades, the youth organized in popular expressions.
- Implement the different strategies of the Municipal Environmental Agenda, which is framed in the principles of development of an adequate environmental culture.
- Promotion of popular participation in citizen power.
- Preparation of a comprehensive environmental agenda that contains all the necessary components to develop the guidelines established in the National Social Welfare System defined for the Environment and Nature, restoring the right of Nicaraguans to inhabit a healthy and healthy environment.
- Training on environmental issues for 1,500 popular environmental inspectors. IPA
- Training of 1080 Popular Environmental Brigades (BPA)
- Development of 61 reforestation campaigns
- Development of 80 awareness days
- 60 professional assistance in environmental issues to primary and secondary students.
- Participation in two days of the Scrap Plan in coordination with the districts
- 2 Training on environmental issues for regional watershed committees CCC
- 5 Trainings on environmental issues for Amusclam DV and VI producers respectively.
- 3 Trainings on environmental issues for Technicians
- 5 Public good campaigns by raising environmental awareness in the use of pedestrian bridges
- Training of 1,450 students from 29 schools in topics such as: proper management of solid waste, watershed management, risk management, school gardens and nurseries, hydraulic cycle and municipal ordinance 02-2006.
- Reforestation of 28,310 trees in different parts of the capital.
- Development and distribution of educational material such as: 6000 multicolored brochure, 1000 flyers with educational messages, 3000 t-shirts, 2000 caps and 115,000 flyers
More informationGeneral Directorate of Environment and Urbanism
Civic Center, Module B